So, I was tagged by Octavian to answer to some music-related questions. Feels like an interview ^.^ Let’s see…
1. Name a band or an artist you can’t believe you liked when you were younger.
I used to listen to a lot of Pasarea Colibri when I was in my early teens. It’s this Romanian folk band that I grew to dislike more and more with the passing of time.
2. Name a band or an artist you hated when you were younger and you now love.
Oh, I used to totally dislike Björk. I thought she was creepy and incredibly weird. And at 17 a certain person played me Pagan Poetry and my big love for her started to form.
(Pagan Poetry by Björk)
3. Name a band or a singer who stood the test of time (you liked from the first time you listened to it/him/her).
First that comes to my mind is Deftones (just because I just saw them live). I liked them for 10 years, since I was in my first year of high school and a class mate of mine showed up with White Pony in his hands. But there are more such examples (Radiohead, Pink Floyd, Metallica, Massive Attack), some of them I don’t listen to that often anymore, but I still love them.
4. Name a song you can’t resist to dance/tap to.
When I hear The Knife‘s Pass This On I start moving, no matter where I am. I do silly head moves if I’m sitting, funny walk if I’m on the street, tap the handlebars if on my bicycle. And of course I love love love dancing to it.
(Pass This On by The Knife)
5. Name an album you like each and every song from.
First ones that come to mind: Radiohead‘s Hail To The Thief, Björk‘s Homogenic, The National‘s High Violet, Jeff Buckley‘s Grace, Arms and Sleepers‘ Matador, Ulver‘s Perdition City. And some more 🙂
6. Name a band or an artist you’re so fed up with you never want to hear about anymore.
I don’t really interact with other music than my own playlists or my friends’ So I don’t think there are bands I’m that fed up with.
7. Name a band or an album that your partner or friends love and you can’t stand. AC/DC. Never really liked them and grew to totally dislike them.
8. Your favourite cover.
Can’t have just one. To name a few, from the top of my mind: Jeff Buckley‘s Hallelujah, Thom Yorke‘s All For The Best, José González‘s Heartbeats, The Gathering‘s When The Sun Hits.
(All For The Best by Thom Yorke)
9. Your favourite song or band right now.
Favourite? I can tell you my most listened to lately: Phantogram‘s When I’m Small. On the band part, I’m going through a Deftones craze right now, because I just saw them live :).
(When I’m Small by Phantogram)